This is an economic way to help out door cats stay warm this winter
- Two large plastic containers- one of the containers must be able to fit inside of the other with about a 2 inch clearance all the way around.
- Straw or 1 inch ridged foam board that fits bottom of largest container
- One roll of Duct tape
- One large recyclable black plastic flower pot
How to assemble:
- Cut bottom out of plastic flower pot.
- Trace entrance out using sharpie and flower pot onto largest rubber made containers.
- Cut out a round entrance in largest container.
- Place the 1 inch ridged foam or straw in the bottom of largest container.
- Place second smaller container on top of the foam or straw.
- Trace location of entrance onto smaller plastic container using the outer entrance as your guide.
- Remove smaller container from larger one and cut out the entrance.
- Replace the smaller container.
- Place black flower pot in both entrances.
- Secure Black flower pot with duck tape to both containers
- Fill remaining space between both containers with straw or foam board.
- Place lid on smaller container and cover remaining space with straw or foam board.
- Place the lid on the largest rubber made.
- Place finished cat shelter in an easily accessible area for cats to in joy.